Marvel at the dramatic coastline, white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters of this pretty French island. Explore the mountains with a tour on a donkey or give diving and sailing a go…
The fortress at Calvi port
2. Stay in a 19th century manor house with rooms opening up to a swimming pool and private beach. The newly refurbished four-star Les Mouettes promises a luxury boutique hotel at affordable prices.
3. Slip into a wetsuit and prepare to jump into glistening mountain pools at the canyoning centre in the Bavella Mountains. Instructors will guide you down rock slides on an adventure to remember.
5. Hear the very start of summer at the Calvi Jazz Festival! It’s held against the beautiful backdrop of the Citadel, built in 1268. The festival starts on June 17 with a free concert, then continues with big names. It’s said to be one of the best festivals in France.
6. Discover the finest wines in Corsica on a trip to the vineyards. Patrimonia produces some of the best wines on the island.
8. Tuck into Michelin-starred food at Le Pirate, which has a small terrace overhanging the tiny protected port in the charming fishing harbour of Erbalunga on the northern tip of the island.
9. Try diving. Warm seas and clear water make Corsica the best place in the Mediterranean to give it a go.
10. Party all night under the stars at the best open-air nightclub on the island. Via Notte has stunning decor and a brilliant line-up of world class DJs. It’s just outside Porto-Vecchio on the south-east coast and the Mediterranean party crowd love it.